Saturday 3 March 2007

Introduction to Smart Dreaming

Sigh, I've succumbed to blogitis...

Up front, let's define the purpose of this blog. It's pretty simple.
  1. To comment on the Smartphone industry (and broader software industry), from the perspective of the owner of a small Independant Software Vendor (ISV) writing applications for Symbian smartphones (see http://www.dreamspring.com/).
  2. To discuss the area that we're involved in (Life Management, using smartphones as a thick client).
  3. To make snarky comments about the industry in general. :-)

I've found a lot of rubbish out there, and I'm sure you have too. So how do you know my stuff is worth reading? Well, you won't until I've written some, so stay tuned.

I'll be talking about stuff like why Palm is doomed (as if everyone didn't know that already - but I can at least claim to have held this opinion for at least five years), why the iPhone will be merely a niche success (like every other Apple product is or will end up being, which doesn't mean they're not good, BTW), why Symbian will win the smartphone wars (but MS won't lose), what's good and bad with UIQ 3 and S60, and so on.

Anyway, welcome on board and enjoy the ride.

-Malcolm.

1 comment:

cornerofhope said...

Thank you for this article, quite effective data.